Trained counselors at the GPASS prevent utility emergencies by helping families obtain energy assistance grant; Liheap, Crisis, UESF, Weatherization, Water Conservation, and Heating Oil.
GPASS counselors provide budget counseling and also refer clients to conservation and home repair programs that offer more permanent solutions to the problem of energy affordability.
GPASS' Heater Hotline program assists low-income homeowners who need emergency heater repairs. Free repairs for broken gas, oil, coal, or electric heating systems are provided up to $2,000 per house.
GPASS provides education on energy conservation, do-it-yourself Weatherization, basic home repairs, and renewal energy.
Weatherization Program provides Services that draft windows and doors and its frame. This program changes drafty windows to new storm window(s).
Who is eligible:
Low-income families (by government income guide) who have drafty window(s) and/or door(s) and, therefore, cannot live comfortably because it looses huge amounts of energy.
How to apply:
1) Give us a call before visiting.
2) We will see if you qualify. We try to save you an unnecessary trip.
3) Then, we will explain what to do, includingwhat you should bring in.
What to bring:
1) Most current all utility bills, including telephone bills and deed/lease.
2) Whole household members's Social Security Card(s).
3) Proof of income: 12 months prior to this application such as W-2 Form, Awards letter of SSI, SSA, Social Security Benefit, Child Support, Pension, and/or any other familymember(s) income.
If you have any questions please feel free to call (215) 456-1662 us.